Sunday, March 22, 2015

Authentic Dua (Supplication) Practice Before Sleeping

Assalamualaikum wa Rahmatullaah wa Barakaatuh,

Before we go to bed every night, normally we will recite the last three chapters of the Quran, after that blow into our palms, and then only we start wiping over our body with the palms.

Actually, we just knew that our practice all these while was wrong few months ago. My husband said it is supposed to be based on the below authentic hadith:
Al-Bukhari recorded from `A'ishah that whenever the Prophet would go to bed every night, he would put his palms together and blow into them. Then he would recite into them (his palms), `Say: He is Allah, One', `Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of Al-Falaq', and `Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of mankind.' Then he would wipe whatever he was able to of his body with them (his palms). He would begin wiping his head and face with them and the front part of his body. He would do this (wiping his body) three times[Bukhari and Al-Fath 9/62, Muslim 4/1723]

Since then, we start to practice the way as above every night before we go to bed. And normally I will do it the same way to my daughter too. I did it continuously to my daughter for few nights until...

One night, before I start anything, she puts her palms together and blow. She already knew what I am going to do next! MasyaAllah...

So I start the dua while she continue her breastfeeding. Before I ended my last sentence of third chapter of the Quran, she will stop breastfeeding and lay down statically to let me to wipe her body with my palms. MasyaAllah... Another surprise!

After I wiped over her body until her feet, she wakes up, puts together her palms and blow again. Guess what is her next step? Yes, she wipes my feet! MasyaAllah masyaAllah masyaAllah...

I never expect she will do that. Alhamdulillah... Allah has grant us the most precious gift!

Why not you also start this Sunnah practice with your family? ;)

dua before sleep
baby Hui Zhen is sleeping...

0 comments: